Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baja, yes please!

Great trip! Some quick things I learned
after two weeks in Baja...
-My spanish is atrocious
-Algodones was not named after me
-We did name an unamed beach after me :)
-Del Taco burritos last a long time in the fridge
-It gets wicked cold and windy in the desert when it wants too
-Fish tacos taste infinitely better down here
-Mexican fireworks have a short fuse
-If you sneak up on sealions they will accost
-Mexican Maps often do not have all the roads, and do not always list
roads that still exist
-There is a surprising amount of water in the desert
-Catholics must be crazy, because they put some missions in some remote places
-Spiny tail iguanas bite hard
-Canadians are whacko
-Grey Whales don't care who is watching
-Little Mexican women are very stubborn
-I can grow a wicked beard and work up a wicked smell after 15 nights of camping
-Rock Lizards bite hard
-Elf Owls are loud and will keep you up at night, its a good thing they are cute
-Scott's orioles hate me
-When the water no longer feels cold, your're too cold and need to get out
-Cabo is essentially San Diego South.
All I have for now, will try to work together some trip reports complete with pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment