Sunday, September 3, 2017

Baja Fishing

Before I moved to WA, I made a trip down to Baja with Chuck for Thanksgiving. While I don't think this will be my last trip to Baja, it will definitely be the last time for an easy trip since I'll be an extra 1,500 miles away next year.

In addition, this is my first trip driving myself in my own rig and Tucker's first trip to Mexico and the Beach!

We had pretty minimal expectations, we wanted to find a nice beach, do some kayaking, do some fishing, and eat some tacos. All were accomplished.

On the drive down there was a massive bike race across the the salt flats north of San Felipe, I'm going to have to remember that one. Looked like a good race! After a quick stop in San Felipe for tacos and at the traditional taco stand, we pushed south until we found our beach of choice for the trip. We arrived after dark but had a fairly calm night (wouldn't get many of those), the next day and a half were pretty much spent on the water in the mornings and when we could the first afternoon. Not much of a story to this one so here's some of the highlights:








Even with all the kayaking and fishing, still lots of time for Tucker to play on the beach and explore with me. The wind picked up on our second day which meant even more beach combing with the doggo.




 


Weather was taking a nose dive by day three with heavy wind, so we packed up and headed back early. Still, it's always a good trip to Baja. I'll miss the accessibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment